Tuesday, January 15, 2008

OCB Update from the Preservation Trust

Hello all! In my last post (November), the Trust was encouraging the City of Spartanburg to pursue a city-wide historic survey grant to identify properties and structures. We were not sure if they would support this idea; however, after some great meetings with the Planning Department, the grant application for a city-wide survey was approved. The Trust wrote a majority of the survey and the City is finalizing it and submitting it to the SC Department of Archives and History this month.

The Trust also had a wonderful opportunity to tour the Beaumont Mill neighborhood and the Pacolet area, both historically significant communities with passionate people behind them.

I attended my final OCB meeting on January 4th and will be missing our February meeting due to the upcoming birth of my son! I want to thank Amy Page and the Mary Black Foundation for leading our OCB group through this great process and encouraging meetings and blogs. The blogs have been a great way to organize my thoughts and our grant process AND it encouraged me to create my own personal blog. Thank you for introducing this form of communication!

No comments: