Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Finally ON

Hello Everyone
Angela here - from Upstate Forever. I am so glad to finally be on the blog. My email spam blocker evidently works too well but Curt was able to get through on my home email account today. Yeah.

First of all I want to apologize to other members of OCB Cluster #2 for my absence at the first meeting. It seems that the date finally selected worked for everyone but me. HOwever, I have June 1 and all other first Fridays now marked on my calendar so plan to be with all of you then.

The SCANPO conference was most appreciated and as usual, I came away with lots of good information, which I have yet had the time to revisit. Hope to get to that very soon so that I can share the info with others in our organization.
Dinner at Tronco's was wonderful - as I knew it would be. Since I lived in the Columbia area for the past 20 years, it had become a favorite of mine early on. Thanks to MBF for getting us all together that evening - and for dinner.

For those of you that are not aware, our OCB grant was written to assist Upstate Forever in Spartanburg to recruit new members. We have only been operating in Spartanburg for about three years and although we have a mailing list of nearly 2,400, only about 10% of those folks are contributing members/donors. We are working to change that and also to look outside that list for other interested Spartanburg County residents.

Have a great week.
Angela

No comments: